Sunday, February 28, 2021

Experimental Abstractions

 Continuing with heavy experimentation lately I did something else totally new to me. I did a series of small acrylic/collage abstracts.  I decided to choose a theme, "rust". I printed out some photos I've taken of rusty metal panels and sealed them.  I used gel medium to affix pieces of the rust photos to the canvas paper surface. I also added some collaged text from old magazines. I decided to keep the colors simple and consistent between the four pieces with the primary color being red.  I also added some interest in the form of some lines and shapes using paint markers as well as added a small amount of drips and splatters.  Since these are small and on paper I'm able to offer them for a more affordable price than my regular acrylic paintings. 

art collage abstract rust red
"Rust 1" 
Acrylic and paper, 7" X 5"

art abstract acrylic paper rust red
"Rust 2"
Acrylic and paper, 7" X 5"

art abstract acrylic paper collage red
"Rust 3"
Acrylic and paper, 7" X 5"

art acrylic abstract collage red rust
"Rust 4"
Acrylic and paper, 7" X 5"


Twitter: https://twitter.com/DavidKingStudio

No comments:

Post a Comment