Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Cloud Study

Occasionally I get in the mood to paint a mini.  Sometimes it's just to have the satisfaction of finishing a painting quickly, but even then I want to learn something from it.  I was in that mood yesterday and decided to use the opportunity to practice painting clouds.  Most of my paintings are mostly land, I rarely paint landscapes with a lot of sky in them, I decided to try something with a lot more sky and clouds in it for this experiment.

art painting landscape rural cloud sky barn

"Clouds Over Sanpete County"

Acrylic on panel, 5" X 7"
Original - $50


The painting is based on a photo I took west of Manti in Sanpete County.  Sanpete County is a somewhat remote rural area in central Utah, Manti being about a 2 1/2 hour drive from my home in the Salt Lake Valley. It's well worth the drive, lots of beautiful open space and big skies.




No comments:

Post a Comment