Wednesday, April 29, 2020

And the Winner is...

Last week I posted this photo to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.


I asked my followers which one of these they'd like to see me paint next.  By the time I was ready to start painting the Model T Ford roadster hot rod had the most votes, so that's what I painted.

art painting knife hot rod roadster automotive
"Little Hot Rod Roadster"
As you can see I chose a close crop as I often do. I also made the car blue instead of black and ditched the high rise tunnel ram intake and replaced it with a regular intake with small, round aircleaners. Of course I painted it with palette knives to make it a bit abstract and create lots of texture.

The rusty old Chevy truck came in second in the voting and I'm working on that painting now. The abandoned antique Farmall tractor got a couple votes also and so may be my next painting, or maybe just a sketch...or maybe both.

Here are a couple close ups of the hot rod painting so you can get a good look at that texture.

texture knife painting acrylic automotive art

texture knife painting acrylic automotive art

texture knife painting acrylic automotive art



No comments:

Post a Comment