Sunday, June 14, 2015

Painting Wild and Wet

No, I don't mean the paint, but rather the subject.  I spent the morning painting up in Big Cottonwood Canyon in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah.  Easy access to Big Cottonwood Canyon from the Salt Lake Valley is both a blessing and a curse.  I love that I can be up in this beautiful wilderness in just fifteen minutes, I hate they everybody else can too.  I decided to go painting by the Mill B trailhead, there are some spots on Big Cottonwood Creek there that I wanted to paint.  Even though I got there just after 8:00 AM the main trailhead parking lot was already full with a long line of cars parked on the shoulder.  Luckily the upper, overflow parking lot still had spaces.  I guess I'm going to have to get out there even earlier in the future.

The spring runoff is fast and deep right now.

art painting plein air nature stream running water

"Spring Runoff"

 8" X 6", Acrylic on panel
Original - $60


art painting plein air waterfall nature creek

"Raging Water"

10" X 8", Acrylic on panel
Original - $100








No comments:

Post a Comment