Sunday, November 23, 2014

Wild Autumn

I finally finished up a painting I started some time ago, just made some final adjustments today.

 
art painting landscape acrylic autumn fall foliage nature

"Wild Autumn"

12" X 16", Acrylic on panel
Original - SOLD



This painting is based on a photo I took in the Heber Valley near the Provo River. I started this one with my new process of doing a palette knife under painting.  Here is how it looked after the palette step.

art painting landscape wip acrylic palette knife autumn


Using a palette knife imparts a lot texture because you are working with thick paint which forces even the brush layers after to be more loose because the brush skips over the texture.  Overall I enjoy this new process as well as the results so I'll probably continue experimenting with it.  This is one of the things I love about acrylics, they allow for so much more freedom for experimentation. Lean over fat?  No problem for acrylics.


4 comments: