Sunday, January 7, 2024

First Sketches of the Year

 I decided to challenge myself to spend more time in my sketchbook this year, here are my first sketches of the year.

sketchbook challenge pen ink sketch rural

This pen and ink sketch is based on a photo I took somewhere in rural Utah, I don't remember quite where. I used a fine liner pen, a brush pen and diluted ink in a water brush.

sketch pen ink abandoned ford truck

Sketch No 2 is based on a photo I took in Hanksville, Utah of an abandoned and partially disassembled vintage Ford pickup.  I used a brown ink applied with a dip pen and a brush.

sketch nature pen ink big cottonwood canyon

There was plenty of brown ink left in the palette so I used it for sketch no 3 as well which is based on a photo I took while hiking in Big Cottonwood Canyon in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah.

sketch pen ink rural utah

I used the dip pen and brush again but with black water soluble ink this time referencing a photo I took in rural Fountain Green Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment