Sunday, January 2, 2022

Colorful and Sketchy

 I've been creating a new series of artwork lately, I call it "Colorful Sketchy".  It's an all automotive series, consisting of classic cars, vintage trucks, hot rods, custom cars, abandoned vehicles and more.  They are all "line and wash" sketches, which means I use pens and watercolor.  My goal is not realism, rather I purposely try to make the drawing and washes of color loose and give the subject extra character. I have been doing as many as five of these a week for a couple months now.  Below are a few of my favorites so far, but you can see all that are currently available in my Etsy store here" Colorful Sketchy 

watercolor sketch hot rod ford model a pickup
"Blue Hot Rod Ford Pickup" pen and watercolor 8" X 10"

watercolor sketch hot rod pickup Ford
"Yellow Hot Rod Ford Pickup Sketch" pen and watercolor 8" X 10"


watercolor sketch hot rod t-bucket ford
"Orange Ford T-bucket Hot Rod" pen and watercolor 8" X 10"




watercolor sketch custom car mercury classic
"Purple Custom 1956 Mercury Hardtop" pen and watercolor 8" X 10"

No comments:

Post a Comment