Monday, June 15, 2020

Catching Up

Well, I've been a bit derelict in my blogging duties, I have a few new paintings to catch up on here.

art painting landscape acrylic rural impressionist
The Road
This one is a small "6x8" paint over of an older painting.  The old one was a bit overworked, too detailed and dull for me now but I liked the composition so I painted over it in a looser, more vibrant style, much improved I think.  The reference is a photograph I took in the small rural town of Willard, Utah.

art painting abandoned tractor farmall rural farm machinery antique
Abandoned Farmall Tractor
Painting number two is also an impressionist brush painting rather than my usual more abstract knife paintings.  The subject is an antique "unstyled" early Farmall tractor rusting away in a field.  The painting is based on a photograph I took at the Erickson Ranch in Wallsburg, Utah.

art painting landscape spring nature mountains
Cardiff Spring
Another paint over, this time with the knives though and a little more abstract.  The painting was originally painted on location a few years ago in Big Cottonwood Canyon in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah at the opening of Cardiff Fork.  It was spring and the wildflowers were abundant. Again, the result of the paint-over was a more lively, vibrant image.

No comments:

Post a Comment