Wednesday, April 8, 2020

A Change in Direction

Sometimes you need to acknowledge that something you are doing really isn't right for you and change direction.  No, I'm not quitting my art. No, I'm not going to start doing pet portraits.  I am going to stop making "watch me paint" videos.  Instead I'm going to use YouTube as more of a vlogging platform.   That doesn't mean I'll never demo my process again, it just means that won't be my focus.  In my first vlog I explain my reasons for not making "watch me paint" videos anymore.


In a nutshell, painting as performance is rather distracting and gets in the way of my creativity and I would really rather be doing just about anything than edit a video.  In this first vlog I also talk about the "Blue 1950 Chevy Custom" painting I showed you in my last blog post.

These vlogs won't be scripted, edited and highly polished, but rather raw, with little or no editing, (because I'd really rather be painting). What you will be getting is insights into my paintings, my process and my personal history and motivation for what I do. If my art interests you I hope that will interest you as well.

What does that mean for this blog?  Well, I'll still post here, but many if not most posts will basically be a synopsis of my latest vlog, not always, but probably more often than not.  Though I'll also post relevant images and links in those posts as well so there will still be value in checking out my latest blog posts here as well as subscribing to my YouTube channel.

Okay, here's a little bonus, or maybe not. Anyway, here's a photo of me self quarantining in my studio.  I hope I didn't startle you too badly.


No comments:

Post a Comment