Sunday, August 6, 2017

From Study to Studio



While I have been focusing on online activities, photography and digital art I haven't completely neglected the easel.  In fact I recently finished an experimental painting, experimental because it was painted with oil paints and completely with a palette knife.

Click on image to enlarge

"Parkway Spring"

16" X 12", oil on panel
Original - $200
Prints Available


My only reference for making this painting was a small pastel study done on location (plein air) in June at the Jordan River Parkway.  I know of I've mentioned the Jordan River Parkway a lot in the past but it just can't be helped, that stretch of conserved nature inspires me more than anything else in the Salt Lake Valley.  Here's that little pastel study;

Click on image to enlarge

"Parkway Spring Study"

7" X 5", pastel on paper mounted to foam board.
Original - $50
Prints Available


Here are a couple close up details of the oil painting showing off all that rich texture that painting with a palette knife creates.  I think the painting can be as much about that texture as it is about the subject.

Click on image to enlarge

Click on image to enlarge

Visit David King Studio Prints!

No comments:

Post a Comment