Saturday, December 19, 2015

One More Miniature

I painted another miniature, this one based on another ten minute sketch, #15

art sketch pencil graphite landscape clouds sky


I was going for an even bigger sky than I had in "Clouds over Sanpete County".  I believe my reference photo for this one was also taken in Sanpete County which is in central Utah where there is much more wide open countryside than most other parts of the state.

art painting palette knife landscape rural cloud sky

"Incoming"

Acrylic on panel, 6" X 8"
Original - $60



As with other recent paintings I painted this one mostly with a palette knife.  The ten minute sketch provided a perfect values road map and was very helpful in making the painting.  All these ten minute sketches I've been doing are becoming awfully handy!






2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that huge sky!!! The sketch really turned into a lovely painting. Hope you are having a Happy Holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I hope your holidays are going well also.

      Delete