Friday, June 26, 2015

Shanna Kunz Workshop Day One

Today was the first day of a two day workshop I am attending with renown landscape artist Shanna Kunz. This is a "Plein Air to Studio" workshop.  We spent today painting "en plein air" in beautiful Ogden Valley, or more specifically in the Jefferson Hunt Campground area.

First Shanna painted a small demo for us.  Here is Shanna near the beginning of the demo and all the students diligently taking notes.

art painting workshop plein air demo Shanna Kunz


Here is the scene Shanna was painting;

photogrpaph landscape water stream nature Ogden Valley


Shanna did an excellent job of course but you'll just have to take my word on that.

Here are my two 8x10 studies for the day;

art painting plein air nature acrylic landscape green

"Spring Foliage"

10" X 8", Acrylic on panel
Original - $100





art painting plein air nature Ogden Valley green

"Ogden Valley Meadow"

8" X 10", Acrylic on panel
Original - $100



Tomorrow we work in the studio to develop one of our studies into a larger studio piece.  I think I'll be working on the second one, I can already see some things I'd like to improve.






No comments:

Post a Comment