Thursday, March 5, 2015

Still Thinking of Spring

I decided to paint a companion piece to last week's "Evergreen Spring" painting,

art painting landscape acrylic spring nature green tree grass

"One Fine Spring Day"


16" X 12", Acrylic on panel
Original - $200



This painting is partly based on a photo I took last year on the Jordan River Parkway in Murray, Utah and partly from my head. The photo was taken on a very gray, overcast day but I wanted a bright, sunny spring feeling. Most of the background in the photo wasn't visible due to the limited visibility caused by the weather so I invented it, the actual background is ugly city stuff anyway.  The same day I took the photo I painted a small pastel painting on location, here is the blog post about it so you can see the difference.




No comments:

Post a Comment