Sunday, October 4, 2020

The Four Seasons, Painting Series

 I got the idea to make a new series of abstract landscape paintings.  I happened to have recently picked up a four pack of 4" X 6" gallery wrap (box style) canvas and was wondering what I should do with them.  I finally got the idea to do an abstract landscape series based on the concept of representing the colors of the four seasons of the year, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. I searched through my photographs until I found a composition that was simple and would allow me to include a simple background with foliage and grass in the foreground.  I made an underpainting using brushes and then went over them with thick paint applied using palette knives to lend abstraction and texture, including covering the sides.  The results of this experiment are shown below.


spring art painting landscape abstract knife
"The Four Seasons - Spring" Acrylic 4" x 6" x 1.4"



art summer landscape knife abstract
"The Four Seasons - Summer" Acrylic 4" x 6" x 1.4"



art painting autumn fall abstract landscape knife
"The Four Seasons - Autumn" Acrylic 4" x 6" x 1.4"




art painting landscape abstract winter knife
"The Four Seasons - Autumn" Acrylic 4" x 6" x 1.4"



No comments:

Post a Comment