Friday, August 7, 2015

Back to the Acrylics

Okay, I've had my diversions for a while, I think I'm ready to return to painting with acrylics.  I just finished this small painting based on a photo I took of an abandoned 1941 Ford heavy truck sitting on a ranch rotting away, and missing a couple teeth from it's grill.

art painting acrylic truck abandoned rusty Ford

"Missing Teeth"

Acrylic on 1/8" panel, 8" X 10"
Original - SOLD



Hopefully I can focus now.  I really do enjoy painting loosely and impressionistically with acrylics, both in the studio and "en plein air" and I enjoy the finished art so why do I keep letting myself get distracted?  The occasional distraction isn't a bad thing, but I've been taking it way too far, I'll try to do better in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment