Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Break From Winter

No, I haven't given up on getting along with old man winter, in fact I spent a fair amount of time outside yesterday, I just felt like making a summer painting of a rural landscape, one of my favorite subjects.

art painting landscape rural summer road ranch farm countryside

"Country Road"

16" X 12", Acrylic on panel
Original - $200


I've visited so many Utah rural towns and taken so many photos and done so many sketches that my mind is starting to mix them up.  I believe the photo this painting is based on was taken in Willard but I'm not sure. This is another one where I started with toning the board then doing a block-in using the palette knife.  This technique does add a lot of texture, but it sure consumes a lot of paint!




No comments:

Post a Comment