Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Little Ditch

Since I endured the heat to make the last painting I figured I'd make one in the cool comfort of the studio.  This painting is based on a photo I took last year while exploring one of Utah's most Northern cities, Smithfield.  I was driving around on the outskirts of town when I caught a glimpse of a reflection of the sky from the corner of my eye.  I pulled over and walked over to see what it was.  This ditch was almost hidden from the seated position in the car but standing next to the fence this neat little scene was revealed;

art painting acrylic rural ditch farm ranch Utah

"Little Ditch"

10" X 8", Acrylic on panel
Original - $100



I really liked the abstract shapes created by the ditch in the foreground and the big bush in the mid ground.  I knew I'd paint this some day!


1 comment:

  1. This has such a nice feel to it! Love the colors and the texture.

    ReplyDelete